We recently did a live cooking class with our incredible dietitian, Carlyn Rosemblum of MTHR Nutrition and our friends at Klaviyo. While we are all cooped up indoors these days, we are craving soothing, immune-boosting recipes that can be made easily and feed the whole family.
This chickpea curry is one of our favorite weeknight recipes! Not only is it warming and comforting dish, but it is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients that help to support a healthy stress response and immune system.
- Curry powder: Contains the anti-inflammatory spice Turmeric that helps to give the immune system a little boost
- Chickpeas: Contain the mineral Zinc that helps boost immunity
- Red Pepper: Contain Vitamin C—an antioxidant that helps to fight inflammation
- Spinach and Broccoli: Dark leafy greens are rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals needed to keep the body healthy and strong. They also are loaded with antioxidant phytonutrients!
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 bag frozen peppers
- 1 bag frozen spinach
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 can vegetable broth
- Cook your quinoa by combining quinoa and water in a sauce pan. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Remove lid, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and add oil stir in onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder. Add the broccoli, spinach and peppers. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Saute for 5 minutes or until veggies are slightly softened.
- Stir in curry powder, red pepper flakes, coconut milk, vegetable broth and chickpeas. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve over quinoa and garnish with lime, mint or chopped peanuts if you wish. Enjoy!